Hot Smoked Salmon Salad (East Meets West)
Carrying on from My last Post, this is the next Recipe that I want to share with you in my “East Meets West” Recipe development project for Lee Kum Kee.
At the time when this was done, Jersey Royal Potatoes were in season along with the watercress and peas. The summer was on its way, the sun was shining and this salad just blew my partner and myself away!
It’s not an overly complicated salad at all with hardly any ingredients to it, but that dressing with the Salmon, potatoes and Watercress really made it “Sing”! I feel that this is a great Salad to serve if you have people coming round, especially in Spring/Summer time. Not much cooking, but will certainly give your guests something to talk about! You could also reduce the portion down and serve as a starter.
Who would have thought that these certain ingredients would be put together and to create an amazing Sexy Salad like this?
I was so pleased with this recipe and will always use this in future. It’s making me want to eat it now!
Hot Smoked Salmon, Jersey Royal and Watercress Salad with an Orange and Teriyaki Dressing:
– Approximately 7 Jersey Royal Potatoes (Or New Potatoes) 250g
– 25g of Baby Leaf Spinach
– 25g of Watercress
– 75g of Frozen Petit Pois defrosted or could use fresh Peas
– 100g of Cooked Hot Smoked Salmon Flakes
– 2 Tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Teriyaki sauce
– A drizzle of Clear Honey
– 1 Tbsp of Rapeseed oil
– The juice of half an Orange or Half if large
– 1 Tsp of Cider Vinegar
– Cracked black Pepper to season
– Boil the Potatoes until starting to soften
– Drain the Potatoes and allow them to Air dry
– Wash all Salad and Peas and Arrange accordingly on your serving plate
– Place the Potatoes on when cooled along with the salmon
– Mix all dressing ingredients together, drizzle on top and serve.