Carrying on from My last Post, this is the next Recipe that I want to share with you in my “East Meets West” Recipe development project for Lee Kum Kee.
At the time when this was done, Jersey Royal Potatoes were in season along with the watercress and peas. The summer was on its way, the sun was shining and this salad just blew my partner and myself away!
It’s not an overly complicated salad at all with hardly any ingredients to it, but that dressing with the Salmon, potatoes and Watercress really made it “Sing”! I feel that this is a great Salad to serve if you have people coming round, especially in Spring/Summer time. Not much cooking, but will certainly give your guests something to talk about! You could also reduce the portion down and serve as a starter.
Who would have thought that these certain ingredients would be put together and to create an amazing Sexy Salad like this?
I was so pleased with this recipe and will always use this in future. It’s making me want to eat it now!
Hot Smoked Salmon, Jersey Royal and Watercress Salad with an Orange and Teriyaki Dressing:
– Approximately 7 Jersey Royal Potatoes (Or New Potatoes) 250g
– 25g of Baby Leaf Spinach
– 25g of Watercress
– 75g of Frozen Petit Pois defrosted or could use fresh Peas
– 100g of Cooked Hot Smoked Salmon Flakes
– 2 Tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Teriyaki sauce
– A drizzle of Clear Honey
– 1 Tbsp of Rapeseed oil
– The juice of half an Orange or Half if large
– 1 Tsp of Cider Vinegar
– Cracked black Pepper to season
– Boil the Potatoes until starting to soften
– Drain the Potatoes and allow them to Air dry
– Wash all Salad and Peas and Arrange accordingly on your serving plate
– Place the Potatoes on when cooled along with the salmon
– Mix all dressing ingredients together, drizzle on top and serve.
A Couple of weeks ago, Friday 13th of June to be precise, Ben Jackson at BBC Radio Leicester popped over to my house to do another Fab Food Friday recipe.
My Kitchen Garden was an array of fresh herbs and the start of seasonal vegetables, so what a lovely way to pop into the garden and see what we could salvage.
I decided to do a dish that Families or anyone could get involved in the making of these little beauties. I chose to do Chicken Goujons but made them more exciting with the use of all the herbs that went in there. One in particular that I feel makes this recipe stand out is the lemon verbena. If you like growing herbs, please go and get some now as its fab!
I find it really hard sometimes when I hear families say they don’t have time to make these because in the same time I made them, it would take longer to open a frozen packet job *cringes* and cook them in the oven. Children AND Adults will love making these.
This is a Great Dish for this time of year. Its Seasonal, Zingy, Vibrant and using up herbs and vegetables from the Garden.
Lots of Sport going on at the moment, So just the Goujons alone with that dressing and an Ice cold beer is great when having your mates round. This certainly has gone down a storm for my Friends and Family already.
Just click on this link to hear Ben and myself preparing, cooking and more importantly EATING this recipe…
Herby Chicken Goujons with Seasonal Salad and a Ranch Style dressing:
Here is a photo AFTER we dived in there!
– 1 x 460g pack of Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets
(6 Thighs will make approximately 20 Goujons)
– 2 slices of stale bread (I used Sourdough)
– A Handful of a selection of fresh herbs;
– 1 1/2 spring onion (only green parts)
– Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to season.
– 2-3 eggs whisked
– 3 Tbsp of Plain Flour
– Tbsp of Rapeseed oil or any oil of your choice
– Jersey Royal Potatoes or New if you can’t get
– Fresh fine British Asparagus (still in season now),Blanched and chopped into inch and a half pieces.
– A selection of Salad Leaves such (I used a “Living Salad”) Spinach, Watercress, curly etc would all work fine also.
– A Handful of Fresh Broad Beans
– A handful of fresh Radishes Sliced
– Fresh Peas podded, could always use Frozen if need be
– Edible flowers to decorate:
Ranch Style dressing:
– 2 Tbsp of Greek style Natural Yoghurt
– 2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise
– 1 Tbsp of cider Vinegar or White wine vinegar
– 2 Tbsp of Finely grated parmesan cheese
– Preheat your oven to 180-190c
– Cook your Jersey Royal potatoes for about 15 mins
– Whilst they are cooking away, pop your herbs, bread, Spring Onions and seasoning into a Hand Blender or Processor and Blitz
– Take 3 bowls, Place whisked eggs in 1, Flour in the other and your breadcrumb mixture in the 3rd.
– Slice your chicken thighs into 3-4 pieces per thigh (long strips)
– With one hand place the chicken into the flour, then egg, then Breadcrumbs. Repeat the process and put all onto a plate.
– Heat up a frying Pan with a drizzle of your oil. Fry off the Goujons for a minute or 2 until starting to colour, then turn over and repeat.
– Pop into the Oven on a baking tray for approximately 12 minutes
– Drain off your Potatoes and Blanch your asparagus in boiling hot water for no more than 1 minute.
– Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process
– Make up your dressing by mixing all ingredients together
– Arrange your salad “rustically” with the added Peas, Broad beans and Radishes. Place the Goujons on top, drizzle with the dressing and decorate with the edible flowers! Done!