This recipe is the 2nd leftover dish from the Roast Pork Shoulder I did. Technically, the 3rd Pork dish of that week.
By this point, I was starting to suffer! I felt the Pork smell sweating out of me! But I was determined to cook that final dish, So I felt it had to be something I hadn’t cooked for a long while…A very long while even!
I had some double cream to use up and also fancied something with rice that evening. I didn’t want something too creamy mind you. Then it came to me…A lovely Retro Classic, Normally done with Beef but I feel this worked actually better.
Retro style Roast Pork Stroganoff :
(Approximately for 2 people)
– Leftover Roast pork shoulder
– 2 Garlic cloves chopped finely
– 1/2 an onion sliced
– About a 1/4 of a leek, finely sliced width ways
– A very small Sprig of Chopped fresh Rosemary, Thyme, Sage and I used Lemon Thyme, but if you don’t have that you could add a little lemon zest.
– A Small knob of Butter
– Rapeseed oil or olive, whichever you always use.
– 150ml of the leftover gravy from The roast pork shoulder dish (Contact me If you don’t have this, We can think of alternatives)
– 1 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
– 1 Tsp of Chilli Powder
– 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard.
– 100 ml of Double cream, may need to add a touch more, depending on how creamy you like it.
– Seasoning if it needs it. I only added a touch of cracked Black Pepper.
Add a touch of oil and start to fry the Onion, Leek and Garlic. If a little dry, add the Butter but not too much as the Leftover pork will still contain Fat.
To the Onion and Leek mixture, add your leftover Roast Pork and your Herbs.
By this point, you can add all of the rest of your ingredients, but add a little at a time if you don’t want it to be say, Spicy, salty or creamy.
I served mine with White long Grain Rice. There were also meant to be some steamed Broccoli on there too, but I was so pleased with the taste of this dish…I forgot! Found them in the Pan when I went back for seconds! Whoops!
This Dish I will definitely do again. It was lovely and comforting, cheap as a leftover meal and quick for when you have a busy midweek time doing household chores, picking children up from activities etc…
Just try not to forget the steamed greens like I did!
3 thoughts on “Roast Pork leftover dish No2…Retro Style!”
One thing I must add to my readers, which I forgot to mention. After all this, there were still Some Pork left! So it went into the freezer for when I fancy Pork again 🙂
Thank you Hun! It was 🙂